Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Bridging the Gap -- Liz Griggs Conquers Being a Leader in Healthcare

Hi Love!

Meet Liz Griggs, CEO of WorkWell Prevention & Care (WWPC). WWPC is a leading provider of prevention and early intervention solutions that help companies to mitigate on-the-job injuries in the workplace. With tons of success in launching businesses, Liz wants to shed insights on how she raised capital for her corporation, and transitioned from Wall Street to being a female powerhouse entrepreneur. To learn how to run, manage and grow a business through effective capital raising as a woman – check out Liz's inspirational story below.


Liz Griggs:

Some years ago, I founded my first business called One Call Medical. In order to launch One Call Medical, I raised an initial round of $5 million.  After 6 years, I raised another $12 million from a New York City private equity firm. With this round of capital, I was able to take One Call Medical to over $100 million in revenue.  My clients at that time included most major Fortune 500 companies, state funds, large insurance carriers, and unions in every state in the U.S. At this time, One Call Medical was a pioneer in workers’ compensation as the company was one of the first ones to introduce managed care solutions into the industry. 

I then sold this company for $114 million in cash with $140 million in revenue.  One Call Medical is now generating $3.3 billion in revenue, and is now the largest workers’ compensation company in a $37 billion industry.

After a 5 year non-compete, I went on a roadshow to raise capital for my second company, called NextImage Medical, as the next generation for Diagnostic Imaging.  I was able to raise $8 million from private equity funding to start this company.  Now, as of this year, I was able to merge NextImage Medical with WorkWell to form WorkWell Prevention & Care – my current venture. Now WorkWell Prevention & Care is a leader in prevention and early intervention solutions for mitigating on-the-job injuries in the workplace.

To learn more about Liz's accomplishments and WWPC please check out their website by clicking here.

-- Love Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment